Experienced Elementary Education and Special Education teachers can complete an additional endorsement which is applied to their teaching certificates. The Early Childhood - General and Special Education Endorsement, or ZS classes are offered in the evenings or in a condensed summer session to accommodate your teaching schedules.
Continuing Education Units (CEU’s)
HDFS sponsors programs under the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) as non-credit opportunities for child care workers, administrators, youth workers, teachers, social workers and others to meet licensing requirements and professional development initiatives for staff members in various organizations.
Last year, HDFS sponsored over 420 workshops throughout the State of Michigan. A few of the CEU training topics covered are:
- Basic Child Care Training
- Blood Borne Pathogens and Communicable Diseases
- Brain Development in Children
- Building Literacy in Children
- Caring for School Aged Children
- Child Care Administrative Training
- Curriculum Planning for Children
- Emergency Response Planning for Child Care
- Expanding Your Child Care Business
- For the Love of Music and Children
Agencies interested in requesting non-credit opportunities should contact the Lifelong Education Office at: 517-432-9225 or email@example.com for an application.