About Human Development and Family Studies
The Department of Human Development and Family Studies is a premier academic program, known nationally for excellence in applied, translational research that is positively impacting children, adolescents, families and marginalized communities. Our department purpose is articulated through research productivity, innovative teaching, outreach effectiveness, policy leadership, and the high-quality preparation of future scholars and leaders.
Current cutting-edge funded research, student training and policy outreach in the department includes:
- Resiliency in racially diverse adolescents
- Romantic relationships in young adults
- Depression risk in adults simulated through technology
- Sensor technology to understand how children with autism communicate
- Stress and resiliency in military families
- National justice policies affecting ethnic minority youth
We invite you to learn more about our research, academic programs and faculty by exploring the website.