Participation in Research at the CDL:
- Research requests will be evaluated on the basis of how projects are designed and the extent to which reasonable and prudent practices regarding child, family and staff member' involvement have been applied.
- Families are provided information concerning the purposes of all approved research projects and the names and telephone numbers of the Principal Investigators responsible for each one.
- Children have the right to refuse to participate in any project. No penalties, coercion, or tricks will be used to gain their involvement.
- Researchers will explain procedures and tasks to children clearly and truthfully. They will answer all questions that the children may have.
- The CDL Research Committee manages the research programs so families and children are not overwhelmed by requests from researchers.