- Ph.D., Michigan State University
- M.C., HELP University
- Barrister-at-Law, Middle Temple
- LL.B., Queen Mary University of London
Areas of Interest
- Immigrant Families
- Aging and Health
- Grief and Loss and Family Resilience
- Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy
- Culturally Sensitive Interventions
Dr. Saila Subramaniam is an Assistant Professor in the department of Human Development and Family Studies. She is also a licensed marriage and family therapist and an AAMFT Approved Clinical Supervisor who supervises CFT students in their clinical work. Her research interests are primarily focused on immigrant families, aging and health, in addition to implementing culturally sensitive evidence-based interventions with ethnic minority couples and families. She has also examined resilience in families impacted by trauma, grief and loss.
Dr. Subramaniam has over ten years’ experience working in the legal field. She has also been actively involved in women’s health issues through her work in promoting access to primary healthcare facilities in Malaysia.