Halgunseth, Linda C. Ph.D.
- Ph.D. & M.S. Human Development and Family Studies, University of Missouri
- B.A. Psychology & Spanish, University of Texas at Austin
Areas of Interest
- Mexican/American and African American Parenting
- Cultural Influences on Parent-Child Relationships and Parenting
- Children of Immigrants
- Culturally-Appropriate Measurement Development
- Minority Health and Well-Being
Linda C. Halgunseth is an associate professor in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies at Michigan State University. Her research focuses on parenting and children’s health and well-being in African, European, and Latin American families. Dr. Halgunseth is Past Chair of the Latinx Caucus of the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD). She received the Early Career Award in Teaching Excellence from AAUP and the Early Career Award in Research from the SRCD Latinx Caucus. She earned a BA in psychology and Spanish at the University of Texas at Austin, and a MS and PhD in human development and family studies from the University of Missouri.