- Ph.D. Psychology (Ecological-Community), Michigan State University
- M.S. Human Development and Family Studies, Michigan State university
- B.S. Science and Technology Studies & Psychology, Michigan State University
Areas of Interest
- Racial-identity development & the effects of cultural immersion experiences
- The effects of stress in urban environments
- The effects of systems on individual behavior
Dr. Rome D. Meeks is a community-engaged scholar and researcher that seeks to understand and improve the communities in which people live, work, and play. Dr. Meeks is a community practitioner who utilizes system change initiatives to assist communities and organizations meet transformative outcomes. His research includes unique approaches to understanding how stress in poor urban environments influences one’s physical, emotional, and social wellbeing. Additionally, Dr. Meeks is the Co-Founder and executive director of Anidaso 360, an organization that educates, empowers, and equips young men and women of color spiritually, culturally, and professionally. He has demonstrated a history of working in the non-profit organization industry and has experience in program development and management, restorative practices, program evaluation, and conflict resolution. His practice has allowed him to research the importance of racial-identity formation, equity strategies, and community and organizational change.