In addition to the completed application above, please provide the following materials (incomplete applications will not be reviewed):
1. Provide a brief summary of your academic/career goals and rationale for your choice of scholarship (two pages or less, typed). In addition, describe how you fit the scholarship criteria, why you should receive the award, and how the award would help you achieve your goals.
2. Provide your current resume/vitae.
Important (Please Read):
• Only students with primary majors in the Department of Human Development and Family Studies are eligible to apply (incoming freshman with declared HDFS majors are also eligible). Secondary majors in HDFS may be considered depending on the applicant pool.
• Students are only eligible for awards during semesters that they will be attending Michigan State University.
• Award recipients will be required to submit a letter of acceptance of the award and a thank you letter within two weeks of notification in order to receive the award. Letters can be submitted via email to Amanda Guinot Talbot (firstname.lastname@example.org
• Depending on the amount and type of your financial aid package, this scholarship may change your aid package. If selected as a scholarship recipient, it is your responsibility to investigate whether the award will adversely affect your financial aid.
• Award amounts are dependent on funds available and the number of applications accepted.
• Incomplete or inaccurate applications will not be considered.
See HDFS Award Recipient Best Practices
document for further information on the procedures following award notification and distribution.
Files need to be in PDF format