Our staff of professional Academic Advisors strive to assist students in succeeding at Michigan State University and beyond. Using a developmental approach to advising we strive to support student success in the following ways:
- Provide information on major selection to help you make decisions
- Interpret University policies and procedures
- Identify and provide referrals for study skills and personal development
- Assist with investigating and making decisions on career/graduate school
- Determine whether adding a second degree, minor, or specialization is right for you
Academic Advisors have appointments Monday through Friday from 9-11 and 1-4. We also have walk-in advising from 1-4 on Wednesdays during the fall and spring semesters.
If you are a current MSU student, to schedule an appointment please visit the online appointment system and choose "Social Science College Advising". Then choose either “Child Development” or “Human Development and Family Studies” from the drop down menu.
If you do not have a current MSU ID or login, please e-mail email@example.com or call 517-432-9225 to schedule an appointment.
Changing Your Major
• If you have earned 27 credits or less please visit the Neighborhood Student Success Collaborative (NSSC).
• If you have earned 28 credits or more please contact an HDFS Advisor.
We are located in: Room 14 Human Ecology Building (right next to the Union Building on Grand River Avenue)
Undergraduate Affairs Office
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Office Phone: 517-432-9225
Undergraduate Affairs Team
- Bradley Allen - Advisor
- Meagan Mitin - Lead Advisor
- Amanda Guinot Talbot - Undergraduate Director & Assistant Professor