Welcome to the Undergraduate Affairs Office in HDFS. The staff of professional Academic Advisors strive to assist students in succeeding at Michigan State University and beyond. We want to help you and use a development approach to advising.
How we support your success:
- Provide information on major selection to help you make decisions
- Interpret University policies and procedures
- Identify and provide referrals for study skills and personal development
- Assist with investigating and making decisions on career/graduate school
- Determine whether adding a second degree, minor, or specialization is right for you
Academic Advisors have appointments Monday through Friday from 9-11 and 1-4. We also have walk-in advising from 1-4 on Wednesdays during the fall and spring semesters.
To schedule an appointment and you are a current MSU student, please visit the online appointment system and choose “Social Science College Advising.” Then depending on the reason for your appointment, you can select “Child Development” “Human Development and Family Studies”.
If you do not have a current MSU ID or login, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-432-9225 to schedule an appointment.
Changing your Major
• If you have 27 credits or less earned credits, please visit the Neighborhood Student Success Initiative.
• If you have 28 credits or more earned credits, please contact an HDFS Advisor
We are located in: Room 14 Human Ecology Building (right next to the Union Building on Grand River Avenue)
We may be hard to reach by phone because we are working with students, so e-mail is best. The general phone number is 517-432-9225 and e-mail is email@example.com